Belize Fish Farm
Aquaculture Fish Farm
Project Scope: The tilapia fish farm is vertically-integrated. The project is based on earthen ponds with mechanical aeration, and minimal pumping from the river for compensation against seepage and evaporation losses. The design of the Tilapia Farm is based on ‘green-water’ re-circulation, through ‘green-water’ reservoir.
The processing plant facility includes:
- Design of an insulated building based on steel frame
- concrete slabs & bases, complying with food-grade processing requirements
- Full line of fish receiving and purging, cold water stunning and killing, filleting, skinning and trimming
- Packing and preparation for air freight shipments
- Cooling and freezing facilities
- Two levels of cold storage
- Logistical facilities
- The processing plant was planned and designed to process 4,000 tons of fish per year, supplying the North American markets and complying with all the FDA and HACCP regulations.